Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Children's Emotional Needs

  All people but especially children should have learned manners and should be using them.  I think a large part of the problem is the parents that the parents today forgot their manners so they don't teach their children.  I have done some research and studied what time period it was when people started to change and not be so polite or not care about manners or how they dressed.  I hate to say it but I think it started in my generation or a little bit after that.  It seems that people that are a few years younger than I am maybe born in the early 1980's are the problem.  I think that is also when the grunge period came along when these kids were in their late teens or early 20's. I believe the 1990's is when a lot of things changed.  All I can figure out is that the 1980's is also when women became more independent and they started working more instead of staying home with the kids.  I think the fact that the kids did not always have a parental influence around them and they had to sometimes come home to a empty house.  I have read a great book called "Hold on to Your Kids" that tells how not spending enough family time with your kids and letting them spend too much time with their electronics or friends can negative responses in children. That is why children start to act up or get in trouble when they don't get enough attention from their family.  They also stray because they are getting too many influences from friends instead of parents.  You can not depend on children to raise your child when they have not grown up enough to know how to act themselves.  

No comments: